It's time to DO SOMETHING! STAND UP for fight against doping and help us SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT the importance of CLEAN SPORT!
What is Play True Day?
Doping is one of the biggest issues that sport is facing in the last decade. With Play True Day we would like to remind people about the moral inappropriateness of using doping and warn them about the dangers of doping.
Play true Day was originally initiated in 2013 by 17 South American countries, which, in cooperation with WADA and based on Montevideo Declaration, declared 10th of April as “Play True Day”.
In the first few years, Pay True Day was celebrated only in South American countries, but in 2016, five European countries (Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Croatia and Malta) decided to enforce the Play True Day in Europe. In the scope of Erasmus+ project “Doping prevention through peer learning among youth” they carried out numerus prevention activities in the week before and/or after the 10th of April. Romania joined them as well. In the year 2017 we would like to bring in even more countries, national and international sport federations.
Outreach programs, interviews for media, (social) media campaign, photos of athletes playing true are some of the examples how you can celebrate Play True Day in your organisation. Stand up for what you believe and join us on the day that celebrates clean sport and clean athletes.
Clean sport is a global mission and Play True Day is an example how we can bring a fight for clean sport together in all countries and all sports of the world.
Organize the Event
Prevention activities shall be implemented as part of different sport competitions or other events for youth and in close cooperation with community and sport organizations on local and regional level.
All events will be promoted and shown at Play True Day website.
Please contact email@example.com to agree about the details of the event.
Events in 2017
Play True Day in Estonia
- Outreach in cooperation with the National Athletics Association at kids’ athletics competition on 1st of April 2017;
- Outreach activities in cooperation with the National Volleyball Federation at the men’s championships semifinals and women’s final;
- Outreach activities in cooperation with the National Basketball Federation at the Basketball 2nd League Final Four semifinals and finals;
- Outreach in cooperation with the National Archery Federation at the championships on 9th of April 2017;
- Outreach in cooperation with the National Swimming Federation at the competition „Tartu Spring“ between 15th and 16th of April 2017;
- Poster campaign in sports clubs, specially focusing on whistleblowing;
- Public quiz via Estonian national online sports news channel on the antidoping issues (http://sport.err.ee/588254/viktoriin-kui-hasti-tunned-dopinguvastase-voitluse-maailma).
Play True Day in Austria
- promotion of Play True Day on Social Media channels;
- Play True Day reference on the EU-Project "Rookie Cup" (education of young icehockey players from 6 different countries) event in Villach from 13th to 15th of April 2017.
Play True Day in Tunisia
Play True Day in the Carabbean
Play True Day in Latvia
- In cooperation with National Swimming Federation outreach activities at 70th Latvian Sport Games for school youth in Jelgava on 7th of April 2017;
- In cooperation with National Volleyball Federation outreach activities at volleyball tournament “Lāses kauss” for school youth in Rīga on 8th of April 2017;
- Outreach activities in Rēzekne Half Marathon on 8th of April 2017;
- In cooperation with National Powerlifting Federation prevention activities in Latvian Cup event on bench press in Līvaini on 8th of April 2017;
- In cooperation with National Sleddog Sport Federation prevention activities in their sport event in Garkalne on 8th of April 2017;
- In cooperation with Lattelecom Riga Marathon organizers the Green Race and outreach program at adidas training in Mežaparks, Rīga, on 9th of April 2017.
Play True Day in Slovenia
- In cooperation with National Football Federation promotional activities at matches in 1st Slovenian league, juniors leagues and in Nike Premier Cup;
- In cooperation with National Volleyball Federation educational program for woman's junior team on 28th of March 2017 in Maribor and prevention activites at matches in 1st Slovenian league and junior league;
- In cooperation with National Kayak & Canoe Federation outreach program at international slalom competition in Tacen, Ljubljana on 1st of April 2017;
- In cooperation with National Ice Hockey Federation anti-doping lecture for athlete's support personnel on 15th of April in Ljubljana and promotional activities at two pre-tournament games before the IIHF Ice Hockey World Chamionship in Celje on 11th of April 2017 and in Ljubljana on 15th of April 2017;
- In cooperation with National Track & Field Federation anti-doping lecture for athletes in Ljubljana on 13th of April 2017;
- In cooperation with National Cycling Federation promotional activities at the "Slovenia cycles" events;
- In the cooperation with National Olympic Committe promotional acitivites at "My olympic norm" events;
- In cooperation with organizing committee outreach program at Istrski Marathon in Koper between 8th and 9th of April 2017;
- In cooperation with Institute for Sport Domžale anti-doping lectures for athletes and support personnel in the region on 11th of April 2017;
- In the scope of "Razgibajmo Ljubljano" programme outreach program at the event named Spring Day of Sport, targeting kids & families. The program will take place in city ceter of Ljubljana on 8th of April 2017;
- Discussions about fight against doping at Slovenian high schools with sport departments;
- In cooperation with Slovenian University Sport Association prevention activities at their events.
Play True Day in Costa Rica
Play True Day in Croatia
Play True Day in Romania
Play True Day in Malta
- outreach activity at the Malta open junior tournament on 9th and 10th of April 2017
Play True Day in Mexico
- conference "Play True - how to take part?" for athletes, doctors, nutritionists, etc. organized in Tlalpan, Mexico City on 11th of April, 2017
Play True Day in Ecuador
- invitation to celebrate Play True Day to all athletes, support personnel, national sport organizations, parents ...
- initiative was called "Sport of values" - the objective of which was to strengthen one's values in sport and their attitude toward the clean sport and fight against doping
Play True Day in San Marino
Play True Day with FIVB
- initiative for an organisation of the Play True Day among FIVB confederations.
Play True Day with WADA
- a message from WADA's Director General Mr. Olivier Niggl
More about the Play True Day in 2017 is available in this report.
Show Your Support to Clean Sport
Sign the pledge, if you value the spirit of sport.
Sign the pledge, if you support clean sport and clean athletes.
Sign the pledge, if you believe that all athletes deserve same opportunities and levelled playing field.
Sign the pledge, together we can make a difference.
Support Clean Sport!
Spread the Word
I have just signed up to support clean sport and the fight against doping. I would like you to join me.
By signing the pledge, you have the opportunity to show your support to clean sport and to clean athletes. Show that you value the spirit of sport!
Join me and millions of people around the world who do not want to see cheaters in sport. Clean sport matters!
Together we can make a difference!